Saturday, January 26, 2008

coffee makes me happy

I've been drinking more coffee this past year than ever before. I don't drink it all the time, just when i have to get up early enough that it is difficult to get going. That's usually before 6:30, but it depends on when i get to sleep.

My brother can drink coffee like no other. The guy gulps it down from the time he gets up into the afternoon, and seems to still sometimes be tired. Maybe it's because he works so hard, but i can't drink coffee like that even if i work hard. 1 cup does me for the day.

So i've come to a conclusion. It's not the caffeine that stimulates me, but all the stuff i've come to associate with coffee. Getting up early usually means i am going duck hunting or fishing for trout or muskies. Maybe ice fishing, or, if it's the right week of the year, deer hunting. Each time i sip a cup of coffee my brain is getting itself ready to outsmart a wily trout or preparing for a boatside strike of a muskie or the whistling wings of ducks. That'll wake me up every time. It's not the caffeine, just the coffee. Maybe my wife is right and it isn't good for me, but it sure makes me happy early in the morning!

2 comments:

Jeremy and Kate said...

Do you still enjoy Chai like you used to? You always had the best Chai! :)
-Kate

andy said...

Chai is still good, just way more expensive than coffee. Chai is still good, that's for sure! I'll make some for you if you come over, Kate!