Friday, November 16, 2007

update

Well,
I just got back from a bunch of IV staff training in IL. One of my favorite parts was the long car ride, and it was a blessing to talk to Gus and Ben and Josh on the way. The training was good, we learned more about how to manage our time wisely and let our student leaders lead. I need to work on managing my time wisely. This week i am taking a few days off to hunt deer, and it will be good to get a bit of a break. I am realizing how easy it is to put in close to twice as much ministry time as campus staff are supposed to do. I have to work on not burning out and cherishing my time with the woman who will be my wife in two weeks.
I am thinking about the differences between accountability and discipleship, and hoping to encourage many of my students to be discipled. Any thoughts on the differences between true discipleship and just accountability would be greatly appreciated! I'll post again as soon as i get a chance!

No comments: