Thursday, November 8, 2007

#20

I checked my box of steel shot shells this morning to confirm my suspicions. Yup, 10 shells used since duck season began, and 10 ducks in the bag. That's not to say i haven't missed, i missed twice, but somehow got 2 bids with one shot on two separate occasions. That's a story of God's grace. Joanna and i have been able to eat enough duck and give a few away as well.
Thursday is my chosen day off, which sometimes means something and sometimes not. Today I am only filling out a few reports and doing some assigned reading. Also a few phone calls and emails, but not too much. This morning Ben and i were hanging out and we decided to make one more attempt at a musky. It was cold. Somehow a porky 38 inch musky mustered up enough energy to hit my big bait on a figure 8. My real was frozen and i couldn't release the spool for a bit, but we got it figured out eventually. Nice fish; rounded off the number to 20 on the year in the canoe.
I'm getting ready to leave tomorrow for another week, this time to Illinois for staff training. If you don't hear from me much the next month, don't worry. I'll be in Illinois, deer hunting, Thanksgiving, Madison, getting married, and i think a conference in St. Loius is in there somewhere as well. That's all coming up in the next month. I'm VERY thankful for Joanna's work on the wedding planning. It's true i don't have much time, but i'd also rather light myself on fire than do most of the stuff she's been doing.
I'll check in at some point soon to shoot out a quick update, but i hope to see many of you at the wedding December 1st!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

andy, i've been trying to get a hold of you for a while and seem to have no luck... i don't know if you don't like me, have moved on, or are busy, but I would like to talk to you sometime. my phone number is 262-949-9234. give me a call sometime. I know you are busy, and getting married, but if you get a few minutes give me a call. congrats to you and joanna. it makes me very happy to know that you two ended up together and that you are about to start the rest of your life together. what an awesome blessing marriage is, and how God reveals himself to us through it.
-Ben Fuehrer

Josh said...

Yeah dude, I'd like to talk to you too. Tried calling recently but couldn't leave a message. If I don't get to talk to you before your wedding I'm going to be really hacked off!!

You can call me 608-554-4195. Remember that we are 14hrs. ahead of you. The best time for you to call would be anytime after 8pm our time (6am your time). Also you could call around 5:30pm your time (7:30am our time), but you know the only thing I like waking up early for is trout fishing so you better hope my kids have already woke me up by then.

P.S. Not sure if you got an e-mail from Lindsey, but we just got the package you sent. It was shipped in February and got to us on Halloween. Haha...literally a "slow boat to China"!!

Love you man and miss you!