Wednesday, September 5, 2007

A quick update

New Student Outreach has been going well. We have been able to make conections with many freshmen and transfer students, and i pray that the Christians will start coming to church and the unbelieving students will continue to be drawn by God until they are in a saving relationship with Him. I already see much evidence of God's grace in the way many have responded to the gospel. Two guys have decided that they want to follow Jesus during college instead of giving in to peer pressure, and one of my leaders and i got to pray for a man who was having a really hard time as his parents are in a hospital far away.
Pray that the leaders here would be faithful and clear in communicating our vision for IV this year, and that the chapter would own what we are doing, and not just leave everything to the student leaders and staff. That has a tendency to happen, and there is not a stron tradition of student ownership at Stevens Point. I have to get back on campus, but i'd love to hear from you all!

1 comment:

Jeremy said...

I'll be praying for you as you are starting the semester off. I know this is crucial time to set a tone for the rest of the semester. I get excited thinking about what God is going to do through your campus. I'll be praying for you and your leaders that the Spirit continues to work through them in mighty ways! I trust you are doing well and hope you are truly enjoying the time you are on campus and getting to see God work through your students.