Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Announcement

Thanks to all who commented on the little works and grace deal. I liked it, so keep going on it! This is just a little update to all who care and read my blog; i proposed to Joanna on Monday and she said yes. So i guess i'm getting married-that's so wierd. She's back out in South Dakota already until mid-September, so i had to squeeze it in before she left. I got to read the end of Ephesians 5 in a new way last night. It's crazy. God is good all the time. I was pretty scared about all of this, but found some comfort in God's reasoning to the Israelites in Isaiah 41 last night- "Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Thanks be to God that's true all the time, but it's especially sweet when being faced with something like marriage. "On Christ the Solid Rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand." If you want to comment on something, please comment about the right hand of God. I think we had a post on this already, but it's too good to pass up in this case. Grace and Peace to you all!

6 comments:

Jeremy said...

I'm so excited for you bro. It's been awesome praying for you the past week or so. I know God has big things planned for you two. It was a privilege getting to know you in Madison. Tracy and I will continue to be in prayer for you two as you move towards getting married. Congratulations!!! I look forward to hear about the things God shows you through your engagement time. Much love bro!

Hypkis said...

Congratulations Lickel. You have caught the biggest fish of all. Which is in no way a comment on Joanna's size. It's a metaphor.

Josh said...

Bro...congrats again.

How about a picture of the cute couple?? You can't blog about your lovely lady and not let us see her!!

I think you should refer to Joanna as a graceful doe (Prov. 5:19) rather than a fish...even though I know how much you love fish.

No offense hypkis :)

Kyle Borg said...

Lickel,
Well congrats! Have you started reading her love poetry from Song of Solomon? It gets them every time ;-)

Jeremy and Kate said...

We are SO happy for you!!! We appreciate your love and fellowship these last few years and look forward to many more time of building one another up in Christ! May the Lord be glorified through your union with Joanna!

andy said...

Guys, thanks so much for all the encouragement. You've all been so special to me. I'll post a pic of the "graceful doe" as soon as i get back to la crosse, which will be a few days. I've only slept in my bed two days this past month! I need a break! Love y'all!