Thursday, October 11, 2007

update

Once again it has been far too long since the last post. Campus work has been crazy, being gone every evening and most mornings. That is going to have to change a bit once Joanna and i get married. Things are going well, though. We had a vision team meeting Tuesday night where i think a lot of things just came together. I realized that we can have a single vision statement as a team, but each have a different vision to go along with the statement. I feel like we are closer to being on the same page after sharing some things at the meeting.
I'm definitely hooked on musky fishing. The last few times i've gone out with guys i haven't even taken my walleye fishing gear. I'm up to 15 muskies, almost all out of the canoe. None of them over 50 inches yet, however. Those fish seem to evade me all the time. I had one on yesterday for about 15 seconds that might have gone 50 inches, but one of the hooks on my treble hook broke off. What next? Anyway, i think i'm shooting for 22 muskies this year and a 50 inch fish as a kicker. I'll keep you posted on that. Maybe once they start hitting suckers we'll be able to get some monster fish.
In church on Sunday pastor Israel talked about giving our passions to the Lord for His service. I am so thankful that I am in a place like Stevens Point, where everyone i come across loves to hunt and fish. i can't believe how great of a tool it can be to take guys hunting and fishing and talk to them about Christ. I haven't found a better way to build relationships with students here, so i'm going to keep it up.
I have a little time to get some reading done, so i had better be doing it. I have to read a bunch of books for InterVarsity, and the one i am reading right now is The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. There are about 10 more books on my IV reading assignment list, but i really just want to keep reading Bunyan and Edwards and Owen right now. Oh well.

1 comment:

Jeremy and Kate said...

Good to hear about what is going on with you. Almost every other day Jeremy and I say we miss you! He is REALLY excited to see you in about a week and a half!

We love you and are honored to be partnering with you in the ministry God has brought you to.

Love in Christ, Kate