Friday, June 22, 2007

What am I getting into?

So, i started a blog i guess. It was kind of an accident, but i think it is a good idea. We'll see where this goes. I think it will be helpful for keeping you all updated with life and ministry when so many things are changing. I hope that this blog will help a the few people who might stumble upon it to glorify God and enjoy Him forever. May it be used by God for His purposes.
I'm going to start these posts with something other than what might be expected. Instead of talking about what I just started reading (Deuteronomy and The Mortification of Sin in Believers) i'd like to write down a quick testimony. A few weeks ago i read a book by Leonard Ravenhill called Why Revival Tarries. He talked an uncomfortable amount about prayer in his book. I realized that there may not be a more important thing for me to be doing than praying for the students and all of the people involved in my ministry, and spending time meditating on God's Word and enoying Him. I committed to spending 2 hours each morning to focused prayer, and it has been absolutely wonderful. I feel like i don't pray nearly enough or put as much effort into it as i should, and that is not good. However, God is good all of the time, and he is faithful when we are not. I'm learning that it is an amazing and wonderful thing that we have the Holy Spirit to interceded for us, because my praying is so broken and confused. I don't know what to ask for, but God knows my needs. I pray that God will give you a growing desire to focus your prayers and turn your thoughts to Him, and i pray that He will grow in us a heart to know Him. What more could we want?

3 comments:

Jeremy said...

welcome to the world of blogging. That is encouraging to hear about your new commitment of prayer. It is something that is sadly neglected by many believers, including myself.

Kate said...

This is a great idea! :) I should write on mine more than once a year. :)

Much love brother!

Kate

Anonymous said...

So I'm currently reading The Spiritual Secret of Hudson Taylor (which sounds more Pentecostal than it is) and each time I pick it up I am convicted. Hudson Taylor's devotion to prayer puts me to shame. It's definitely cool to hear about how you're spending much more time in prayer...my prayer (pun possibly intended) is that I might be found doing more of the same.